FAQ & Section Info
On the flip side, higher end tablets like iPads, Asus Zenpads, Microsoft Surface, Google Nexus, etc. are completely functional mini touchscreen computers to a large degree. You'll see that these tablets have processors powerful enough to run all your office applications, programs, and more. The gaming capabilities of these devices are also enhanced past just being able to run basic apps to now being able to play fully functional 3D and multi-player/online games.
Tablets, tablets, TABLETS . . . (tablets). Everyone's talking about them lately, mostly because they're cool, partially because they're efficient, and more likely because people what to know what the heck Angry Birds is all about. If you're still on the fence about buying a tablet, or you're having a tough time picking between a tablet and a laptop, here are 25 reasons why you should take the plunge.
1. Mobile Of course it's mobile! That's the whole point of a tablet right? Stick it in your purse, satchel or pocket and you've got a computer you can take anywhere.So there you have 25 reasons to buy a tablet PC over a laptop! If you're not convinced by now, you may never be. At least, not until someone braves a list of 50!
2. Bigger than a Smart Phone - How cool would it be to watch Lord of the Rings on a 3.5" smart phone screen? Not very! A tablet's 7" to 10" screen will provide a much better experience.
3. Practically a Laptop - As the quality of tablets improves, the gap between them and the laptops will narrow. As is, the capabilities of high-end tablets are right on par with the netbooks that were all the rage a couple of years ago. Picking a tablet over a laptop could be a good move if you're not looking for a super-computer.
4. Reasonably Priced - One of the biggest detractors from the tablet craze is the price, anywhere from $200 to $800. However if you look at it like a new laptop instead of a tertiary gadget, the price seems a lot more reasonable.
5. Future Proof - Remember when there wasn't a phone found in every pocket in America? Soon we'll be saying that about the tablet. Their utility, mobility, and entertainment values are so solid they're sure to make a permanent mark on society.
6. Everyone's Doing it - It is completely impossible to be cool or fit in with anyone if you don't buy a tablet PC immediately.
7. Note Taking - Greet for meetings, classes, or creepy first dates!
8. eReader - Why shell out the bucks for a Kindle when you could get an entire computer that's equally portable and practically the same price?
9. Gaming - It may not have a beefy hexa-core processor or a massive graphics card, but tablets can run many popular games like World of Warcraft. There's also plenty of fun games from various app stores that make tablets as viable for casual gaming as are laptops.
10. Workout buddy - You can use a tablet to watch movies or listen to music while you jog, and then use a weight loss app like "Lose It!" to record your exercise!
11. Storybooks - Why read your kids a boring, non-moving, storybook when you could download a fully animated picture book like Jack and the Beanstalk? Many even feature interactive games that make stories more memorable and engaging.
12. Photo Album - The pictures of your vacation to Cabo or you new baby's chubby cheeks will look much better on a wide screen tablet PC (though it won't make your co-workers care any more).
13. Netflix - Which would you rather do while waiting at a dentist's office? Flip through a Fly Fishing magazine, or watch Hellboy on your tablet?
14. Quiets the young 'uns - When you're done with Hellboy you can stream Ni Hao, Kai Lan to keep the kids quiet once the Novocain wears off.
15. Replaces your MP3 Player - One of the best parts of having a tablet is that it replaces everything! MP3 players included! Many tablets support memory expansion cards, allowing them to hold more songs than you can shake a stick at! If you're trying to choose between a laptop and a tablet, remember that with a laptop you'll still have more gadgets to carry around.
16. Skype - If you get a tablet with a forward facing camera, you can video chat anywhere you please! Not sure which can o' beans to get at the store? Open up Skype video chat with your Mom and she'll tell you!
17. Shopping List - I always bring a shopping list to the store, but I never remember a pencil to cross things off as I buy them. A tablet combines pencil and paper in one, plus allows you to keep track of how much you're spending.
18. Apps - Access to the tablet app stores is a huge draw, with over 100,000 apps to choose from, an app that tracks how long you can press a button, to more useful apps like Microsoft Office.
19. Never be bored - Between movies, music, games, chatting, surfing, and occasional work, owning a tablet is a good way to make sure you're never bored.
20. Email - Nothing will allow you to stay on top of your emails like a tablet PC. While it's true that phones can access email as well, you'll have a much easier time reading and replying to your emails on a tablet.
21. Fast - While tablets run much weaker processors than do laptops, they also require much less processing power. Also, they benefit from solid-state style flash storage which allows almost instantaneous data access.
22. Good enough - It takes very little computing power to run the basic processes that most users spend time on. A tablet is all you need for facebooking, emailing, web surfing, and other simple tasks.
23. Great Desktop Companion - It can seem redundant to own both a desktop and a laptop computer, but some people need the power of the first and the portability of the second. A tablet PC makes a much more natural companion to a desktop than does a laptop.
24. Keyboards - Buy a tablet stand and a little keyboard and you can make using your tablet as simple as using a laptop-with a quarter of the weight and space.
25. Joy - If you buy a tablet from OutletPC, I might get a raise! And that would bring me joy!