The usb ports on the first one lasted 5 minutes before an internal component blew out.
I plugged this power strip into the wall and started charging a limefuel battery pack off of one of the usb ports. Nothing else was plugged in. No more than 5 minutes later, i hard a "pop" from the vicinity of the power strip and noticed that my battery pack was no longer charging. Plus, a smell of burnt electronics was coming from near the usb jacks on the power strip. The current draw rating on the limefuel pack is 2.0 amps - just under the maximum printed on the power strip.I opened up the power strip and found that the pictured component (u1) had basically exploded, leaving a big scorch mark on the inside of the plastic casing of the power strip. My guess is that the big glob of glue holding down the inductor above it probably caused u1 to overheat and blow its top. Maybe a heat sink would be a better choice than a big warm blanket of glue.We bought several of these for work, so i'm trying a second one charging the same battery pack. It's holding up longer than the first one, but that section of the power strip down by the usb ports is running very hot! See the attached thermal image which has the hot spot marked on it.Thus far, i can't honestly say whether i'm confident enough in this product to put these out in peoples' offices.To be fair, other tripp lite products we've used in the past years (iso-bar power strips and smart-pro ups) have been rock-solid. That was part of the reason for selecting this particular product.