Western Digital is one of the most trusted companies making hard drives today, and we are passing on awesome savings on their laptop, desktop, and external hard drives so you can find the right one for you. WD means quality at a price you can't match anywhere else!
FAQ & Section Info
Western Digital - Storing the World's Data
Western Digital has been the leader in computer storage products for decades. They're one of the largest hard disk manufacturers in the world and produce some of the best selling lines in the industry. Western Digital is also commonly referred to as WD or WDC (Western Digital Corporation). They break up their hard drives by lines based on colors:
- Green: Energy efficient - slightly slower performance.
- Blue: Average energy use - Average performance.
- Black: High energy use - high performance.
- Red: Optimized for NAS use - optimized for read performance
- Purple: Optimized for surveillance data storage - optimized for write performance
- Gold: Optimized for datacenter use, with very high MTBF
WD's Website: https://www.wdc.com/
We create environments for your data to thrive. Everywhere data lives, we’re there to drive the innovation necessary for results today and the future you’ll create tomorrow. New devices, new systems, new solutions, all optimized and tuned to create the right conditions for your data to realize its full potential.
Western digital has a large footprint in the PC storage space and own several brands other than just WD:
- HGST - Hitachi